Friday night pizza never tasted this good. Perfect with a cheeky glass of red wine.
- Preheat oven to 360°F (fan bake).
- Trim beetroot and peel off rough skin. Cut into 1" dices or rough wedges as desired.
- Season with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 15-20 minutes (they will still be a little firm but should soften when baked on pizza).
- Spread onion relish over pizza base.
- If using sausages, either slice sausages diagonally (approx. 1/2" thick) or pull the sausage meat out of the casings (produces better result).
- Top with roasted beetroot and sausage pieces/grind/stirfry venison.
- Add feta and walnut if desired.
- Bake at 360°F for 10-15 mins (or until base is crisp).
- Top with fresh arugula (or spinach) and serve.