Grass-fed wagyu steaks cut from the heart of the rump are tender, full of flavour and excellent when fast-cooked on the char-grill. Lightly season with salt, then brush with a little oil – followed by a very hot char-grill which will give a superb layer of additional flavour to the rump.
- Bring steak to room temparature, brush with oil and season generously on both sides with salt. Heat BBQ/hot plate until very hot.
- Cook steak for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side until caramelised, turning only once. Remove from hot plate just before desired doneness is reached.
- Allow meat to rest in a warm place for 3-4 minutes before serving.
Garlic bok choy
- Wash bok choy by suspending in water and draining several times.
- Combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and vinegar in a bowl and set aside.
- If needed, cut larger bok choy through thet middle lengthwise (so they are easier to cook).
- Heat oil in a frying pan or wok set over high heat. Add garlic then bok choy, and fry fro 1-2 minutes. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water to the pan, then cover and allow to cook for 2 minutes more, or until bok choy has softened nicely at its base.
- Serve bok choy drizzled with the reserved sauce and sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Serve steak sliced across the grain, with the bok choy on a bed of rice or Asian noodles.
You can substitute the bok choy for any other green including brocolli, sliverbeet or spinach.