The youngest members of the house will love this quick and tasty pasta bake. Jazz it up for the adults by adding extra herbs, sundried tomato and some fresh chili.
- Cook the pasta according to the pack directions minus 2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and fold through 1/2 oz of butter. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F, fan bake.
- Sauté the garlic, onion and carrot in 1/2 oz of butter until soft.
- Add tomatoes, 2 tsp oregano and season to taste. Heat well but don't boil.
- Mix cornflour into the cream/milk. Add gradually, stirring constantly.
- Add half the grated cheese and mix well. Sauce should be thick but runny (add more cornflour/flour to thicken if required).
- Add the diced sausage to the sauce and heat through.
- Spread the cooked pasta evenly into a baking dish and pour over the sauce.
- To make the topping, blitz the stale bread with 1 tsp of oregano, salt and pepper and the remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle topping over the pasta and bake for 20-30 mins (or until golden brown).