For flavour and pure enjoyment a Grass-fed wagyu burger cannot be beaten. Regarded as the king of burgers amongst aficionados the Grass-fed Wagyu burger can be served at anywhere, anytime. Remember to cook the patties on a high heat and quickly, this will help retain their juicyness and keep them full of flavour and tender..
- Make the pickles first by heating vinegar, water and sugar in a small saucepan. Add chilli and radish then remove from heat. These can be made in advance, keep well covered in the fridge.
- Lightly season the patties with salt on both sides then brush lightly with oil.
- Char-grill the patties on a very hot BBQ or cook them in a frypan until brown and caramelised on the outside.
- Turn over only once and cook the other side until brown.
- Take patties off as soon as they have almost reached the desired cooking degree (medium rare to medium is ideal).
- Lightly toast burger buns over the char-grill.
- Spread mayonnaise on buns, top with lettuce, tomato and pattie.
- Spread on a spoonful of onion jam then finish with red radish chilli pickles.