Venison meatballs are incredibly tasty and versatile. This recipe is a great crowd pleaser and a fantastic option for a healthy-but-hearty mid-week meal.
- To make meatballs, combine meatball ingredients and mix well. Form into 12-15 balls (approx. golf ball sized). Cover and refrigerate until required.
- Pre-heat the oven to 360°F.
- Heat a large, oven-proof frying pan to high and add 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil. Brown meatballs on all sides, then remove from the pan and place aside (don’t cook through).
- Using the same pan, add another Tbsp of vegetable oil and sauté the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the couscous, water and stock and mix to combine, then place the browned meatballs on top of the couscous.
- Place the frying pan in the oven for 40 minutes or until all of the liquid has been absorbed and the couscous is al-dente.
Combine the salad ingredients and toss through half of the dressing. Gently fold the other half of the dressing through the couscous and meatballs.
Serve the salad and meatballs on the table and encourage everyone to tuck in!