Venison leg steak is ideal for this classic Mexican recipe. This is perfect party food as everything can be prepped in advance, then simply flash fry the venison, and place everything on the table for all to share.
- Mix garlic, spices, olive oil and salt in a bowl. Add the venison and massage the marinade into the meat by hand. Allow to marinate for one hour.
- For the guacamole - dice avocado, mix with 1 tablespoon of cilantro, shallot and lime juice. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- For tomato chili salsa - mix together tomato, cucumber, red onion, chili and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm tortilla wraps by quickly heating on a hot BBQ, in a skillet or in the oven. Keep warm.
- Flash fry marinated venison on high heat until it has a little browning and is just cooked.
Serve warm tortillas with sour cream, guacamole, tomato salsa, picked fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
Use any finely sliced venison cut or grind to make these tortillas. Leftovers make a great lunch and because venison is so lean, it's great cold too!