Venison flank makes an ideal cut of meat when creating this famous Mexican recipe. This is perfect party food as everything can be ready to go in advance, the only item that needs cooking and finishing up is the venison. Place all the garnishes on the table with the sizzling hot venison and tortillas in the centre for all to share.
- Mix garlic, spices, olive oil and salt in a bowl. Add sliced flank and massage the marinade into the meat by hand. Allow to marinade for 1 hour then thread venison onto bamboo skewers.
- For guacamole - dice avocado, mix with 1 tablespoon of sliced coriander and shallot. Season with salt and freshly ground white pepper.
- For tomato chilli salsa - mix together tomatoes, cucumber, onion, chilli and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm tortilla wraps by quickly char-grilling on a hot BBQ, or in the oven, keep warm.
- BBQ on a high heat until charred and just cooked, 1 – 2 minutes only.
Serve warm tortillas with sour cream, guacamole, tomato salsa, picked fresh coriander and lime wedges.